AAG-EESG Dissertation Data and Fieldwork Award
Students are invited to submit applications for the EESG Dissertation Data & Field Work Award. A maximum of two awards of up to $500 each will be granted annually, subject to approval by the EESG Awards Committee. The principal objective of the award is to defray travel or data acquisition expenses related to ongoing or future dissertation research activities.
The award will be oriented primarily to those without other substantial funding. Eligible candidates must be members of the AAG EESG at the time of submission.
Proposals should be delivered in a single PDF document and should include:
- Title page:with name of applicant, address and phone number, title of intended research, starting date and duration of field reconnaissance, and location of research OR description of target dataset;
- Project Description:of no more than 1000 words (excluding references) indicating proposed travel and research, expected significance, probable research methodology, and plan for IRB approval if relevant;
- Reference List: list of cited references not to exceed 1.5 pages;
- Budget Statement:of how award will be allocated, e.g. data acquisition, air travel, surface travel, food and lodging, etc. and statement of student's current funding circumstances;
- Curriculum Vitae: Not to exceed 2 pages.
Proposals are due Feb 9, 2019 and should be submitted to EESG Secretaries, Dr. Gabriel Granco firstname.lastname@example.org or Thomas Ptak, email@example.com . Incomplete applications or applications arriving after the announced closing date will not be considered. Notification of the results will be made as soon as possible. The results will be announced in the EESG Business Meeting at the AAG Annual Conference (attendance at the conference is not a condition of application).